- Moderators: Tom Blasingame (Texas A&M University)
- Skip Rhodes (Pioneer Natural Resources)
The landscape of unconventionals in North America has some unknowns, but is reasonably well-mapped (e.g., the Delaware and Midland Basins, the Bakken, the Niobrara-Codell, the Eagle Ford, etc.). The struggle for profitability continues, but there can be little argument that technical success can be achieved through careful geological targeting and tailored stimulation. This year’s URTeC Executive Plenary considers the roles of legacy unconventional operators, as well as operators who are play-focused (or even intra-play focused).
- Mike Henderson, Senior Vice President, Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- Clay Gaspar, President, WPX Energy
- Susan Cunningham, Advisor, Darcy Partners
- Brad Holly, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Whiting Petroleum Corporation