- The Move-In/Move-Out schedule is located on the right-hand side of this page in the side bar.
- Exhibitors should verify show security arrangements and times for move-in and move-out to avoid problems with unattended equipment and materials.
- All move-in and move-out of exhibits must be done only through designated loading docks, freight doors, and freight elevators. Designated load docs listed below in Loading Docks & Freight Elevator section.
- The usage of the facility lobbies is strictly limited to HAND-CARRIED ITEMS ONLY. Dollies, flatbeds, or anything mechanical is strictly prohibited in the lobbies. Materials that require the use of wheeled or mechanical equipment MUST BE DELIVERED VIA THE LOADING DOCKS.
- Passenger elevators or escalators are designed for passenger use only and are not intended for or equipped to carry freight of any kind.
- REMINDER: Freight, including overnight freight, will NOT BE ACCEPTED PRIOR TO FRIDAY, July 23, 2021.
- For the safety of all attendees and other exhibitors, please do not begin tear down of your booth display until 1:00pm on Wednesday, July 28th – or until after the exhibit hall has been cleared of non-exhibition personnel. Any exhibitors who begin teardown before 1:00pm on Wednesday, July 28 will be subject to penalization including loss of priority points.
Loading Docks & Freight Elevators
Exhibitors will load-in through the dock loading area called “Lot 4” located off of Chartres. The entrance is on the cross street called “Walker”. Lot 4 parking is located behind the GRB Convention Center.
From North: Take Avenida de las Americas South > left on Polk Street > left on Chartres > Docks are accessed from Chartres Street be on the left at Walker Street. Call security dispatch to open gate.
From South: Take Polk exit from 59 North > Merge and stay Chartres > left at Walker Street. Call security dispatch to open gate.
GRB 24-Hour Building Security Dispatch Number: 713-853-8087
Exhibitors are not allowed to park in Lot 4 during move-in or event days. The purpose of access is to only load-in/out their exhibit into and out of Hall E.
Docking Map and Driving Instructions
Exhibitors will have access to Hall E freight roll-up door located at the back of Hall E. The door is directly connected to the loading dock area behind GRB.
Material Handling to and from Show Site
Crated shipments, machinery or equipment delivered to the George R. Brown Convention Center by trucks (other than vans) will be handled as part of the exhibit space rental fee already paid.
- Before Exhibition – truck unloading, delivery to the booth, and crate storage during the exhibition
- After Exhibition – crate return to booth, crate removal and reloading
Rate classifications and further information is available in the Freeman Online Manual
Freeman is the Official Service Contractor and is therefore assigned as the exclusive provider of freight services. Material handling includes unloading exhibit material, storing up to 30 days in advance at the warehouse address provided, delivering to the booth, the handling of empty containers to and from storage, and removing of material from the booth for reloading onto outbound carriers.
This should not be confused with the cost to transport your exhibit material to and from the event.
Freeman Online Manual
You have (2) options for shipping your advance freight:
- Ship direct to the warehouse
- Ship direct to show site
Per Freeman’s policies, crated material and machinery includes skidded material only. Any equipment, machinery that exceeds a weight limit of 5,000 pounds or non-skidded/loose materials may incur additional fees.
Freeman Exhibit Transportation has been appointed as the official carrier for URTeC 2021 in Houston, TX.
Benefits of Shipping with Freeman
- Save 10% when you choose round-trip ground shipping with Freeman
- Trade Show transportation experts service your shipment throughout all stages of the event
- One convenient invoice with all of your Freeman Show Services
- All-inclusive pricing with no additional fees for pickups and deliveries, including weekends and night service on select shows
Freeman will accept crated, boxed or skidded materials beginning Friday, June 25, 2021 at the address below. Material arriving after July 15, 2021 will be received at the warehouse with an additional after deadline charge.
Please note that Freeman Warehouse does not accept:
- Uncrated freight (loose, pad-wrapped material and/or unskidded machinery)
- COD Shipments
- Hazardous materials
- Freight requiring refrigerated or frozen storage
- A single piece of freight weighing more than 5,000 pounds
- A single piece of freight beyond the dimensions of 108”H x 93” W
Warehouse materials are accepted Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00am – 3:30pm. Certified weight tickets must accompany all shipments. If required, provide your carrier with this phone number: (888) 508-5054
Warehouse Shipping Address:
Exhibiting Company Name/Booth#
3010 Aldine Bender Rd.
Houston, TX 77032
For additional shipping information see the Freeman Online Manual.
Show Site Shipping:
Freeman will receive shipments at the exhibit facility beginning Friday, July 23, 2021. Shipments arriving before this date may be refused by the facility. Any charges incurred for early freight accepted by the facility will be the responsibility of the exhibitor. Certified weight tickets must accompany all shipments.
If required, provide your carrier with this phone number: (888) 508-5054.
Show Site Shipping Address
Exhibiting Company Name/Booth#
George R. Brown Convention Center
1001 Avenida De Las Americas
Houston, TX 77010
Please also be aware that disposal of exhibit properties is not included as part of your material handling package. Please contact Freeman for your quoted rates and rules applicable to dispose of your exhibit properties.
International Freight Forwarding & Customs Shipping
Rogers Worldwide is the preferred International Freight Forwarding and Customs provider for URTeC. They can provide customs brokerage and international freight forwarding services and will supervise the entire shipping process to include pickup of cargo at its origin, US Customs clearance and re-export formalities after the event.
To obtain a quote contact:
Rogers Worldwide USA Main Office
Phone: +1 262 327 0661 / +1 702 272 1596
Email: [email protected]