Please note the important information below which will highlight several key components that each exhibitor MUST adhere to when exhibiting.
Display & Height Information
AAPG follows the IAEE Display Rules & Regulations - please make note of these when designing/planning.
- All activities must be confined to your assigned space.
- Unfinished portions of pop-up displays must be covered. Pop-up framework, raw wood or cardboard wings must be painted or appropriately covered if visible from another booth.
- It is absolutely forbidden to paint and/or make carpentry jobs inside the Hotel.
- No bolts, nails, tacks, screws, pins, adhesive, or other devices of any description likely to deface or damage walls, floors, hard wall/MIS panels, furniture, or other furnishings shall be used on surfaces in the Hilton unless otherwise approved in writing from Show Management.
- Hotel’s carpet must be protected at all times while loading and unloading.
- Exhibitors agree to be responsible for any damage caused by their display or personnel to the Hilton. All move-in and move-out of exhibits must be done only through designated loading docks, freight doors, and freight elevators. The main lobbies, escalators and passenger elevators are not to be used for this purpose. Exhibitors should verify show security arrangements and times for move-in and move-out to avoid problems with unattended equipment and materials.
- Show Management reserves the right to restrict or remove exhibits and/or exhibitors, which in its sole judgment, because of noise, inappropriately attired personnel, or any other reason, are or become objectionable or, which in its sole judgment, may detract from the character of the Convention. Neither AAPG, SEG or Show Management, if other than AAPG or SEG, or any employee, agent, officer, director, or representative thereof, shall have any liability, whether to any exhibitor or otherwise, as a result of such restriction or removal.
The height maximum for booths are:
- Inline Stands (8 feet | 2.4 meters)
- Peninsula Stands (8 feet | 2.4 meters)
- Perimeter Stands (12 feet | 3.6 meters)
- Island Stands (20 feet | 6.0 meters)
Any variance from these guidelines must be included with your Stand Rendering and Height Information Form and is subject to approval.
Photography & Sound
- Photographing and video recording of other exhibitors’ displays is strictly prohibited.
- All exhibitors must obtain Show Management’s written approval to have any photographers or video recording arranged at their booth.
- Sound equipment may be used in your booth so long as the noise level does not disrupt the activities of neighboring exhibitors. Speakers and other sound devices should be positioned so as to direct sound into the booth rather than into the aisle. Sound and noise should not exceed 85 decibels. You should be aware that music played in your booth, whether live or recorded, may be subject to laws governing the use of copyrighted compositions. ASCAP, BMI and SESAC are three authorized licensing organizations that collect copyright fees on behalf of composers and publishers of music.
Exhibitor Behavior and Performance
• All efforts to advertise, demonstrate and operate an exhibition must be conducted so as to not trespass on the rights of other exhibitors. No exhibit will be permitted to interfere with the use of other exhibits or impede access to them or the free use of the aisles. Show Management reserves the right to limit and/or restrict operations which, for any reason, might be considered objectionable, without any liability for refund and/or damage fees.
Fire and Safety Information
- Children under the age of 16 are NOT allowed in the halls during build up or break down.
- No animals or pets are permitted in the facility except as required for use as a guide/assistance dog.
- Fire Safety
- Flowers and foliage (artificial), paper, cardboard or compressed paperboard, plastic materials, split wood, textiles and any other material used for festive decorations are prohibited.
- Wallpaper is permissible if pasted securely to walls or wallboard backing
- The use of the following materials indoors shall be prohibited: acetate fabrics, corrugated paper, combustible material used for covering tables or for skirting tables.
- Unless otherwise approved, flammable or combustible and/or compressed gases shall not be used or displayed. Where approved for display cylinders containing compressed gases shall be protected against mechanical damage and shall be stored on racks or by other accepted devices designed to hold them securely in place.