Optimize Your Unconventional Resource Plays
Unconventional Resources Technology Conference (URTeC) is a premier event focused on the latest science and technology applied to exploration and development of unconventional resources, with special emphasis on integration of the multiple disciplines.
With record-breaking attendance, hundreds of packed technical presentations, and an incredible industry response at URTeC 2017, 2018, and 2019, there is no doubt that URTeC has been an overwhelming success.
URTeC entered the digital space in 2020, responding proactively to COVID-19 and low energy prices, with an innovative virtual event featuring more than 250 technical talks, panel discussions, and team presentations. In 2021, URTeC implemented a fully hybrid meeting format with an in-person aspect at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas along with a dynamic online experience.
URTeC is excited to announce that the 2022 meeting is returning to the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas, 20–22 June. The 2022 meeting marks the tenth anniversary of this highly successful event. Plan now to attend and help celebrate what the collaboration and integration of our multiple disciplines has achieved across the unconventional sector over the years.
URTeC is comprised of three sponsoring organizations:
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG)
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
Plus nine endorsing organizations:
- American Rock Mechanics Association (ARMA)
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- Association for Iron and Steel Technology (AIST)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME)
- Society of Petroleum Evaluation Engineers (SPEE)
- Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts (SPWLA)
- World Petroleum Congress (WPC)
This combination of the world’s leading professional societies has brought both depth and breadth to the technical base of the conference which has attributed to the URTeC’s collaborative platform and innovation exchange sustaining and propelling our industry’s ongoing success.