Booth Display Rules & Regulations
URTeC Display Rules are developed from the IAEE Display Rules and Regulations. The purpose for these guidelines is to create and promote consistency. The goal is to provide exhibitors and contractors with all the necessary information to properly design and build exhibits, plan layouts as well as content.
URTeC Show Management reserves the right to restrict or remove exhibits and/or exhibitors in violation of any below:
- All activities must be confined to your assigned booth space.
- Unfinished portions of pop-up displays must be covered. Pop-up framework, raw wood or cardboard wings must be painted or appropriately covered if visible from another booth.
- Decorations, signs, banners, and similar materials may not be taped, nailed, stapled, or otherwise fastened to ceilings, doors, walls, glass, columns, painted surfaces, fabric, or decorative walls.
- Adhesive-backed decals are NOT permitted to be distributed or used inside the Convention Center. Labor costs to remove adhesive stickers and decals will be charged.
- Confetti, glitter, or rice is prohibited within the facilities. Exhibitor will be responsible for any labor and materials required for clean-up resulting from violation of this policy.
- The use or display of cascarones (Confetti-filled eggs) is prohibited. Exhibitor is responsible for any labor and materials required for clean-up resulting from violation of this policy.
- Surface Protection – all contractors/exhibitors must use the utmost care to protect ALL surfaces in the facility from any and all damage. Protection may include padding, the use of non-marring products, visqueen, plywood, rubber bumpers and tires, and proper supervision. The use of transfer tape is strictly prohibited on all surfaces within the facility.
- When installing carpet or floor covering in the exhibit space, specific tape has already been approved by the facility and must be used or repair damages may be applied to the Exhibitor and/or appointed contractor. Questions about the type of tape to be used should be directed to Freeman.
- Contractors (EAC) and/or exhibitors must provide complete protection from paint and paint products in ALL AREAS of the facility including the exhibit floor. Under no circumstances may spray paints, airless sprayers, power sprayers/painters, airbrushes or similar tools be used within the facility without written consent from the facility management.
- Helium balloons are NOT allowed in any part of the convention center, either for display or for sale, or for gifts. For decoration purposes, air-filled balloons may be used. Exhibitors must inform URTeC Show Management in advance to gain approval for such decoration. The convention center reserves the right to remove any helium-filled balloons at Exhibitor’s expense.
Linear (In-Line) Booth
Arranged in a straight line and have neighboring exhibitors on either side leaving only one side (front) exposed.
URTeC provides/sells in 10ft (3sqm) increments.
10’x10’ = 100 total square feet
3mx3m = 9 total square meters
Back Drape height of 8’ (2.44m) with side drapes of 3’ (.914m)
Use of Space
Regardless of size: (10x20, 10x30), display materials should be arranged in such a manner so as to not obstruct Line-of-Sight to neighboring exhibitors. The maximum height of 8’ (2.44m) is allowed only along back wall or in rear half of booth space. The height limitation for display materials in the front half (up to 5’) are limited to 4’ (1.22m).
Corner Booths are at the end of a series of in-line booths with exposure to intersecting aisles. Same guidelines apply from Linear Booths.
A perimeter booth is a Linear (in-line) Booth that backs to an outside wall of the exhibit facility rather than to another exhibit. Same guidelines apply from Linear Booths except that a typical maximum back wall height is 12’ (3.66m)
Split Island Booth
Split Island Booths share a common back wall with another Booth. The entire cubic content of this booth may be used, up to the maximum allowable height, without any back-wall line-of-site restrictions. A typical maximum height range allowance is 16’ to 20’ (4.88m to 6.10m) including signage. The entire cubic content of space may be used up to the maximum allowable height. Double-sided signs, logos and graphics shall be set back 10’ (3.05m) from adjacent booths.
Island Booths/Stands are any size booth exposed to aisles on all four sides.
An Island Booth is typically 20’ x 20’ (6.10m x 6.10m) or larger, and can be in different configurations.
Use of Space
The entire cubic space may be used up to the maximum allowable height as per Show Management. Line-of-Sight is not an issue as the exhibitor can build within the confines of the space so as to not have any of the construction come out into the public aisle space.
Line of Sight Rule
Basic Principal: The neighbor to your left and right has the same opportunity for an attendee to see their exhibit as they walk across or down the aisle as they can with your exhibit. An exhibitor is not allowed to obstruct their neighbor’s exhibit by putting tall items in towards the front of the booth space such as:
- TV Monitors
- Roll-Up Banners
- Large Literature Racks
- Book cases
- Display cases
Per URTeC Show Management Event standards, all booths are held to the height restrictions listed below. Should a booth design exceed the height listed below, Show Management approval is required. You can submit a Height Variance request. This must be submitted no later than May 2, 2022.
Linear (In-Line) = 8’ (2.44m)
Corner (In-Line) = 8’ (2.44m)
Perimeter = 12’ (3.66m)
Split Island = 16’ – 20’ (4.88m – 6.10m)
Island = (6.10m)
Online Variance Request
URTeC does not provide carpet or any floor covering in your booth package. It is up to each individual exhibitor to arrange for proper floor covering inside their exhibit space. A throw rug is not acceptable floor covering. The floor covering must cover all of the facility exhibit floor and meet up to the aisle carpet provided by the General Contractor, Freeman. You can order carpet through Freeman online in advance to receive the Early Bird discount rates, or you can bring your own.
Canopies and Ceilings
Canopies, including ceilings, umbrellas and canopy frames can be either decorative or functional (shading computer monitors from ambient light or to allow for hanging products). Canopies for Linear (In-Line) booths or Perimeter Booths should comply with Line-of-Sight requirements.
The bottom of the canopy should not be lower than 7’ (2.13m) from the floor within 5’ (1.52m) of any aisle. Canopy supports should be no wider than three inches (.08m). This applies to any booth configuration that has a sight line restriction, such as a Linear (In-Line) booth.
Fire regulations prohibit storing products, literature or empty packing material and/or containers behind back drapes. Exhibitors may store a limited supply of literature and product (appropriately) under a draped table or in a cabinet within their booth.
Please DO NOT store empty boxes, crates behind booths where visible or where electricians are not able to access electrical boxes. Please keep space behind back drape wall as clean and free from debris as possible to stay in compliance.
URTeC Show Management requires that all exhibitors with booths larger than 300ft₂ (or any exhibitor building a custom stand), must submit the rendering with line drawing details including specs for final review and approval. This rendering needs to include a list of materials to be approved by the venue and fire marshal as well.
If you have any questions or need further information, please email
All renderings are due no later than May 2, 2022 and can be uploaded through the the online form along with any height variance requests or emailed to .
Booth Rendering and Variance Request Form