URTeC Show Management reserves the right to restrict or remove exhibits and/or exhibitors in violation of any below:
- All activities must be confined to your assigned booth space.
- Unfinished portions of pop-up displays must be covered. Pop-up framework, raw wood or cardboard wings must be painted or appropriately covered if visible from another booth.
- Decorations, signs, banners and similar materials may not be taped, nailed, stapled or otherwise fastened to ceilings, doors, walls, glass, columns, painted surfaces, fabric or decorative walls.
- Adhesive-backed decals are NOT permitted to be distributed or used inside the Convention Center. Labor costs to remove adhesive stickers and decals will be charged.
- Confetti, glitter, or rice is prohibited within the facilities.Exhibitor will be responsible for any labor and materials required for clean-up resulting from violation of this policy.
- The use or display of cascarones (Confetti-filled eggs) is prohibited.Exhibitor is responsible for any labor and materials required for clean-up resulting from violation of this policy.
- Surface Protection – all contractors/exhibitors must use the utmost care to protect ALL surfaces in the facility from any and all damage. Protection may include padding, the use of non-marring products. Visqueen, plywood, rubber bumpers and tires, and proper supervision. The use of transfer tape is strictly prohibited on all surfaces within the facility.
- When installing carpet or floor covering in the exhibit space, specific tape has already been approved by the facility and must be used or repair damages may be applied to the Exhibitor and/or appointed contractor.
- Contractors (EAC) and/or exhibitors must provide complete protection from paint and paint products in ALL AREAS of the facility including the exhibit floor. Under no circumstances may spray paints, airless sprayers, power sprayers/painters, airbrushes or similar tools be used within the facility without written consent from the facility management.
- For the safety of all attendees and other exhibitors, please do not begin tear down of your booth display until 12:00pm on Wednesday, July 22nd – or until after the exhibit hall has been cleared of non-exhibition personnel. Any exhibitors who begin teardown before 12:00pm on Wednesday, July 22, 2020 will be subject to penalization including loss of priority points.
- Helium balloons are NOT allowed in any part of the convention center, either for display or for sale, or for gifts. For decoration purposes, air-filled balloons may be used. Exhibitors must inform URTeC Show Management in advance to gain approval for such decoration. The convention center reserves the right to remove any helium-filled balloons at Exhibitor’s expense.
Sound & Noise Regulations
- Sound equipment may be used in your booth so long as the noise level does not disrupt the activities of neighboring exhibitors. Speakers and other sound devices should be positioned so as to direct sound into your booth rather than aisles or other exhibits. Sound and noise should not exceed 85 decibels.
- You should be aware that music played in your booth, whether live or recorded, may be subject to laws governing the use of copyrighted compositions. ASCAP, BMI and SESAC are three authorized licensing organizations that collect copyright fees on behalf of composers and publishers of music.All copyright fees applicable to music or entertainment used as part of an exhibit are the sole responsibility of the exhibitor. The exhibitor must make required payment(s) directly to the applicable copyright agency.
- Show Management reserves the right to restrict or remove exhibits and/or exhibitors, which in its sole judgment, because of noise, inappropriately attired personnel, or any other reason, are or become objectionable or, which in its sole judgment, may detract from the character of the Convention. Neither URTeC or Show Management, if other than URTeC, or any employee, agent, officer, director, or representative thereof, shall have any liability, whether to any exhibitor or otherwise, as a result of such restriction or removal.
Emergency Access Regulations/Requirements
- Displays or exhibits must never interfere in any way with access to any required exit, block access to firefighting equipment or interfere with the normal operations of automatic extinguishing equipment.
- All aisles must maintain 10 feet clear access.
- No portion of a display shall obstruct any aisle or doorway.
- All move-in and move-out of exhibits must be done only through designated loading docks, freight doors, and freight elevators.
- The usage of the facility lobbies is strictly limited to HAND-CARRIED ITEMS ONLY. Dollies, flatbeds or anything mechanical is strictly prohibited in the lobbies. Materials that require the use of wheeled or mechanical equipment MUST BE DELIVERED VIA THE LOADING DOCKS.
- Passenger elevators or escalators are designed for passenger use only and are not intended for or equipped to carry freight of any kind.
- REMINDER: Freight, including overnight freight, will NOT BE ACCEPTED PRIOR TO FRIDAY, July 17, 2020.
- Exhibitors should verify show security arrangements and times for move-in and move-out to avoid problems with unattended equipment and materials.
- All move-in and out of exhibits must be through the service yard via the designated loading dock. Access to Loading Docks and Service yard are through the Service Yard Gate (located on Red River Street).
- Exhibitors must check in at the Service Yard security post or with the vehicle gate security staff to gain entrance.
- For safety and security, once a show has opened, exhibitors and attendees are strictly prohibited from using the Service Yard entrances and exits unless an emergency exists.
Service Yard Diagram
(URTeC Loading Docks clearly marked)
Parking is not allowed in the service yard area.Parking is available at either the 2nd or 5th street garage.
2nd Street Garage – (clearance height: 6’9”) Entrances on Brazos and San Jacinto
5th Street Garage – (clearance height: 6’11”) Entrance on 5th Street
Fire and Safety Regulations
- Flammable or volatile materials are strictly prohibited within the Convention Center unless approved, in advance, in writing by the fire marshal.
- The use display or storage of compressed gasses, flammable liquids, or dangerous chemicals is prohibited. Maximum cylinder size is less than one pound (<1lb) for each appliance. Storage of additional cylinders is not allowed inside the facility. All Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinders must be removed from trailers and mobile homes. If the cylinder is permanently installed in a vehicle for display, the cylinder must be completely empty.
- All decorations, drapes, signs, banners, table coverings and skirts, carpeting or similar decorative materials used shall be flame retardant to the satisfaction of the fire marshal and are subject to inspection and flame testing. *If Freeman is supplying all materials for your booth, then these have already been approved. If you are providing your own furniture, drapes, skirting and carpet, please be prepared for further inspection.
- All vehicles, boats, and equipment containing fuel must meet and comply with the following requirements before entry into the facility:
- Fuel tanks shall not exceed ¼ of their capacity or 5 gallons of fuel, whichever is less.
- All display vehicle gas caps should be locked or taped
- The battery must be disconnected while on display
- Non-flammable covering must be placed underneath vehicle to prevent stains
- Vehicles, boats, and similar exhibited products with more than 300 square feet of roofed area are to have a smoke detector
- Duplicate keys must be provided to Show Management in the event of an emergency
- If at any time a fire marshal deems that a display or actions of any display is dangerous to public safety, the exhibitor must make appropriate changes/actions, or they will be removed from the exhibit hall.
- Displays or exhibits must never interfere in any way with access to any required exit, block access to fire-fighting equipment or interfere with the normal operations of automatic extinguishing equipment.
- Maintain 3m (10 feet) clear access in aisles; maintain 5.5m (18 feet)
- No portion of a display shall obstruct any aisle or doorway.
- All fire-fighting equipment must be visible and accessible.
- Candles and open flame devices are not permitted.
- Welding, grinding or any other “HOT Work” is not permitted inside the facility.
- The use of power saws is prohibited inside the Exhibition Halls, Ballrooms and meeting rooms.
- All storage shall be kept in allocated areas. No empty cardboard containers are permitted in exhibition space.
With the exception of service animals and animals participating in a dog or cat show, animals shall not be allowed in the Facility unless approved in advance and in writing by the URTeC Show Management and the Convention Center General Manager. URTeC Show Management must receive all requests to bring animals into the Facility no later than (30) thirty days prior to the first day of move-in. Please send all requests to Kendra McColloch at .
Concealed and Open Carry Handguns
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (Trespass by License Holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 311, Government Code (Handgun Licensing Law), may not enter the URTeC Exhibit Hall with a handgun that is carried openly.
Smoking and Tobacco
Austin Convention Center is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is allowed in the following designated areas only:
- Public Smoking is only permitted outside the facility and not allowed within fifty (50) feet of the facility.
- Exhibit Personnel are not allowed to dock access during show hours for the purposes of smoking.
- For purposes of this policy, electronic cigarettes are considered smoking material and are only allowed in the designated areas listed above.
Insurance & Indemnification
- All exhibitors are required to maintain their own insurance to cover all contingencies, including but not limited to fire, theft, property damage (especially in transit), business interruption, liabilities and worker’s compensation.
- Exhibitors are required to provide a COI with a minimum of $1,000,000 General Liability. URTeC should be named as an additional insured. (If you need an example, please contact or
- Each exhibitor assumes the entire responsibility and liability for losses, damages and claims arising out of exhibitor’s activities on the Convention Center premises and will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Show Management and the Austin Convention Center, their agents, and employees from any and all such losses, damages, and claims.
- Neither URTeC Show Management nor the Austin Convention Center maintain insurance covering the exhibitor’s property or lost revenue and it is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to obtain such insurance.
- Each exhibitor agrees to and shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless URTeC Show Management, the Austin Convention Center and their respective Members, Officers, Directors, Agents and Employees from all costs, liabilities, claims, damages or expenses, including without limitation claims for personal and bodily injury or property damage, arising out of or associated with exhibitor’s use or occupancy of or exhibition in any part of the Austin Convention Center, including without limitation any work done by or any act, neglect or omission of exhibitor or its employees, agents, contractors, and invitees in connection with such use, occupancy, or exhibition.
Labor/Exhibitor Work Rules
- All decorating, display and material handling labor related to conventions, trade shows, promotional displays and consumer shows is performed by Freeman, the assigned Official Service Contractor for URTeC 2019.
- Full time employees of an exhibiting firm may install and dismantle their own respective company display, if such work can be completed in less than sixty minutes and without the use of mechanized tools. Any outside or additional labor required for installation, dismantle or decorating of displays is to be performed by the official General Service Contractor (Freeman) or by any other contractor signatory to the IATSE, Local 7 labor agreement.
- Exhibitors may handle their own hand-carried materials in and out of the Convention Center. Any material requiring the use of equipment for delivery, i.e. dollies, fork lifts, will be handled by labor through IATSE, Local No. 7.
- Equipment labor will be handled through Freeman.
All Exhibitor Appointed Contractors are required to fill out the EAC Indemnification Agreement by June 5, 2020.
Note: Failure to complete this form for each exhibitor can prevent access to the exhibition hall and delay the building of an exhibitor’s booth.
Exhibitors that anticipate selling a tangible product or rent real estate property at the event are responsible for acquiring and shall pay all costs of permits, including health and sales tax permits.
Material Handling to and From Show Site
As stated in the Exhibitor Contract, crated shipments, machinery or equipment delivered to the Austin Convention Center by trucks (other than vans) will be handled as part of the exhibit space rental fee already paid.
- Before Exhibition – truck unloading, delivery to the booth, and crate storage during the exhibition
- After Exhibition – crate return to booth, crate removal and reloading
Rate classifications and further information is available in the Freeman Online Manual
Freeman is the Official Service Contractor and is therefore assigned as the exclusive provider of freight services. Material handling includes unloading exhibit material, storing up to 30 days in advance at the warehouse address provided, delivering to the booth, the handling of empty containers to and from storage, and removing of material from the booth for reloading onto outbound carriers.
This should not be confused with the cost to transport your exhibit material to and from the event.
You have (2) options for shipping your advance freight:
- Ship direct to the warehouse
- Ship direct to show site
Per Freeman’s policies, crated material and machinery includes skidded material only. Any equipment, machinery that exceeds a weight limit of 15,000 pounds or non-skidded/loose materials may incur additional fees.
Security will be present throughout move-in and during the event. Entrance into the exhibition area is with proper badge and/or wristband during move-in prior to registration opening.
This is an open-booth exhibition and the responsibility for safeguarding the space and property in it is your own. Neither URTeC Show Management or the Austin Convention Center, the security contractor, Freeman or any of their officers, agents or employees assumes any responsibilities for your space or any property inside your exhibit booth.
- Exhibitor personnel are required to wear a URTeC issued badge and/or wristband to gain access to the exhibition.
- No items or equipment – not even boxes or brochures – may be brought in or removed during OPEN exhibition hours while the show is in progress.
- Additional security can be ordered for your booth, please contact Kendra McColloch to make arrangements at