URTeC is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form.
- All communication, whether casual or formal, should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds.
- Be careful in the words that you choose. Remember that sexist, racist, and other exclusionary jokes are offensive and have no place in a professional setting. Excessive swearing and offensive jokes are not appropriate at URTeC.
- Sexual language, imagery, and innuendo are not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks.
- Harassment includes offensive communication related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave professionally.
- Exhibitors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy and are required to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the professional and business purposes of the show.
- Personnel and/or models contracted to assist in an exhibitor’s booth are required to wear appropriate attire. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material, and booth staff should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
- URTeC reserves the right to make a final determination regarding what is acceptable and may remove persons from the exhibition floor that are not in compliance.
If a participant engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, URTeC reserves the right to take any action deemed appropriate, including warning the offender(s) or expelling the offender(s) from the conference with no refund.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report the incident to a badged URTeC staff member as soon as possible. You can make a report in person, by calling 1 800 898 2274, or anonymously via the online form.